May 20, 2019, 6:16 PM UTC
By Brooke Sopelsa
Lori Lightfoot was sworn into office Monday as Chicago’s 56th mayor. She made history as both the first black woman and the first openly LGBTQ person to become mayor of America’s third-largest city.
“I’m looking ahead to a city of safe streets and strong schools for every child, regardless of neighborhood or ZIP code,” Lightfoot said at her inauguration. “A city where people want to grow old and not flee. A city of sanctuary against fear, where no one must hide in the shadows. A city that is affordable for families and seniors, and where every job pays a living wage.”
Lightfoot, 56, cruised to victory in April’s runoff election, winning all 50 wards across the city. She ran on a platform of change, according to NBC Chicago, urging voters to “bring in the light” to a city government with a reputation for corruption.
Lightfoot succeeds Rahm Emanuel, who was elected mayor in 2011. Emanuel had previously served as the White House chief of staff under President Barack Obama.
During her speech, Lightfoot noted that women of color now hold all three citywide elected offices in Chicago. Melissa Conyears-Ervin was sworn in Monday as city treasurer, and Anna Valencia started her first full term as city clerk.
May 20, 2019, 7:26 PM UTC
By Elisha Fieldstadt
Austin Eubanks, a Columbine High School shooting survivor who traveled the country sharing his story of fighting addiction in order to help others especially after trauma, died in Colorado over the weekend, his family said.
He was 37.
Eubanks’ family said in a statement Monday that they were “beyond shocked and saddened” and that the cause of death was unknown. There were no signs of foul play, The Associated Press reported.
Eubanks, then 17, was in the school library with his best friend, Corey DePooter, on April 20, 1999, when two students opened fire. He was shot in the hand and the knee and watched DePooter die beside him.
Twelve other people were killed and 20 injured before the gunmen killed themselves.
Eubanks overcame a decadelong addiction to drugs after getting hooked on the painkillers he was prescribed during his recovery from his injuries. He then used his story to share strategies for beating substance abuse, especially after trauma.
He also consulted on drug policy and addiction prevention, and worked at the Foundry addiction treatment center.
“Austin was an invaluable part of Foundry Treatment Center Steamboat, helping extend our message of hope to a national audience. Our hearts are heavy with news of his passing and are thinking of his family and friends,” a statement posted to the Foundry’s Facebook page said.
Eubanks, who had two sons, spoke to NBC News in February 2018 when students of Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, returned to school two weeks after a shooting there left 17 people dead.
“My senior year I tried to go back, and I had just lost a best friend. I had been one of the students who was injured, and not only that, at the time they had not done the remodel on Columbine yet. All they did is take plywood and they made a wall where there used to be the entrance to the library,” he said.
Every time he passed that plywood, he said, he was reminded that it concealed “where, at the time, the worst school shooting in U.S. history occurred.”
His advice for the Stoneman Douglas students was to express themselves and to address their pain.
“Speak up about it,” Eubanks said. “That’s the most important part, because what happened for me is it was difficult, I didn’t want to do it, so I detached.”
May 20, 2019, 7:34 PM UTC / Updated May 20, 2019, 8:23 PM UTC
By Dartunorro Clark
President Donald Trump has directed former White House counsel Don McGahn to defy a congressional subpoena and not testify Tuesday, current White House counsel Pat Cipollone said Monday.
In a letter to House Judiciary Chairman Jerrold Nadler, D-N.Y., Cipollone wrote that the Justice Department “has advised me that Mr. McGahn is absolutely immune from compelled congressional testimony with respect to matters occurring during his service as a senior adviser to the President.”
He added, “the President has directed Mr. McGahn not to appear at the Committee’s scheduled hearing” on Tuesday.
A committee source told NBC News it has received Cipollone’s Monday letter, but it has not yet heard from McGahn’s legal team about his scheduled testimony on Tuesday. The source added that a hearing is still expected and suggested that McGahn could show up and not answer questions.
Rep. Doug Collins, R-Ga., the ranking member of the House Judiciary Committee, criticized Nadler for subpoenaing McGhan, suggest that the chairman read McGahn’s testimony documented in Mueller’s report instead.
“What better way to ensure we don’t hear from McGahn this week than by subpoenaing a witness who’s categorically immune from testifying?” Collins tweeted. “
McGahn had been subpoenaed by Nadler’s committee to answer questions about Mueller’s investigation of President Donald Trump and Russian interference in the 2016 election. The Justice Department, in a legal opinion made public Monday, said McGahn could not legally be compelled to testify, citing the principle of the separation of powers.
Sources close to McGahn say they have received the Justice Department’s legal opinion and a letter from the White House instructing McGahn not to testify, which are being reviewed.
Last month, Trump said that his administration is “fighting all the subpoenas” and that he has been the “most transparent president and administration in the history of our country by far.”
McGahn was a key witness in Mueller’s probe into whether the president attempted to derail the investigation. Mueller’s 448-page report said, for example, that Trump ordered McGahn to tell Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein that “Mueller has to go.” McGahn resisted those efforts despite Trump’s insistence, the report said. But, when news of those events were first reported in The New York Times months later, Trump sought to have McGahn deny it and write a letter “for our records” changing his story.
McGahn, who left the administration last year, was subpoenaed in April by Nadler for testimony and documents as part of the panel’s investigation into possible obstruction of justice by the president and others.
However, Cipollone sent a letter to Nadler in early May objecting to the request. Cipollone did not assert executive privilege in the letter but suggested that the White House considers the documents privileged.
Cipollone argued that the documents “remain legally protected from disclosure under longstanding constitutional principles, because they implicate significant Executive Branch confidentiality interests and executive privilege,” adding that McGahn “does not have the legal right to disclose these documents.
Acting White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney also directed McGahn not to produce the subpoenaed White House records because the White House is the “appropriate legal custodian.” Cipollone added that the Department of Justice “is aware of and concurs with this legal position.”
Traffic Rebirth Review – Old Traffic Methods Are Dead, So Use This
Name: Traffic Rebirth
Product Owner: Stefan Ciancio & Greg Kononenko
Website: Click Here
In a nutshell, what is Traffic Rebirth?
Traffic Rebirth is a step-by-step course that shows you how to get 30,000 visitors a month to your offers, products or website for free, without needing to pay for traffic or worry about time-consuming, tedious SEO. Startup budget is just $10, making this ideal for beginners.
Who is Traffic Rebirth for?
Traffic Rebirth is designed for any newbie, without a budget for things like generating traffic or creating their own products. So this is why the creators suggest affiliate marketing as a business model since no product creation is required. All you need is $10 to set up a domain. We know that any online business owner would seriously benefit from having 30,000 extra visitors to their products, services and websites.
This course will be ideally suited for:
- Affiliate marketers
- Product creators
- Ecom store owners
- Media marketers
3 things I love about Traffic Rebirth:
- Traffic Rebirth uses Pinterest as the free source of traffic. Now, I’m sure you’ve probably heard that Pinterest is a hotbed of potential buyers. In fact, people on Pinterest are far more likely to buy than people on Facebook, mainly because Facebook is a place to connect with friends and family, and your marketing messages are ‘interrupting’ someone while they are doing just that. Compare this to Pinterest where people are actively creating boards and pinning things they like… they’re already in the ‘buying mode!’ Traffic Rebirth shows you exactly how to harness this buying traffic.
- This is one of the easiest courses to put into operation and understand, which makes it ideal for any complete beginner who’s never used Pinterest, or indeed made any money online. It’s a video course that goes through everything step-by-step, so you can simply copy and paste as you go along.
- You get two real life case studies. I love case studies! It’s all very well being inundated with lots of theory, but I like seeing the theory put into action. The first case study ideals with affiliate marketing (which is the business model that the creators suggest you get into if you’re an inexperienced newbie), but the other is a dog lovers site – proof that Traffic Rebirth can work for any niche and for any business model!
What will I get inside Traffic Rebirth?
There are 6 modules to the Traffic Rebirth video course:
- Module 1: Case studies and introduction
- Module 2: Building the basics of your site (niche research, getting a domain and hosting package)
- Module 3: Build out your site, including mandatory site pages, adding content to your site etc.)
- Module 4: Pinterest setup, including how to set up Pinterest Boards, rich pins, getting your first 50-100 followers etc.
- Module 5: Long term SEO traffic, including tools such as Moz Toolbar and Google keyword planner for newbie-friendly SEO.
- Module 6: Monetization plan, including AdSense monetization and long term plan
Any drawbacks to Traffic Rebirth?
The only drawback I can think of is that this is a 36 video course, with each video around 20 minutes or so long. So this isn’t a course that you can go through in one day. However, this means that you’re more likely to succeed as Stefan and Greg have made sure they explain everything that makes their system work.
At under $20, most other courses at this price are simple, quick-start PDFs, which may sound great, but they leave crucial information out. Remember, the devil is in the detail, and its lack of this detail that trips most newbies up. If you’re willing to put the time and effort in to go through the course, you’ll have a solid business plan that will make you money for years to come.
Watch This Short Video for Proof, Live Examples and Quick Overview
Do I get any bonuses with Traffic Rebirth?
Yes! You get 3 fantastic bonuses which do a great job of complementing the main course….
- Exclusive Collection of Case Studies – these are additional, powerful case studies from Stefan & Greg spanning different traffic and income methods. They’ve been out in the trenches doing the work already, so you can just copy & paste what they already found to work.
- Twitter Traffic Profits Boost – this is a never before released course which will show you how to get steady, rapid traffic from Twitter in the easiest way possible.
- Exclusive Mastermind Access – join newbies and advanced marketers alike in this exclusive mastermind. See other’s success, learn from it, apply it for yourself and profit big. Without this mastermind, you’ll miss out on additional secrets that will help you get faster results using the Traffic Rebirth system.
Final thoughts on Traffic Rebirth:
Rarely do you get a complete course of this magnitude for under $20 (in fact, I had to check my PayPal receipt to make sure that I wasn’t charged more…I’d assumed I had accidentally upgraded to a more thorough course!) Stefan and Greg have laid out a complete step-by-step blueprint to building an online affiliate business from scratch. And the fact that this can work in any niche, and with any type of online business is fantastic. This course has made me look at Pinterest with a completely fresh pair of eyes!
The Secret Commission System NO ONE Wants You To Know About: Generate Daily Commissions With 100% FREE Tools
Bank 3+ Figure DAILY Profits With 100% FREE Tools
Generate Traffic, Leads & Sales In 60 Seconds – USING 100% FREE TOOLS!
3+ Figures In PURE DAILY Profits Are Waiting Inside!
Traffic Multiplier is a unique traffic generation software and training package.
Inside Traffic Multiplier, members will receive step-by-step video training that covers traffic, lead generation, and ONGOING profits. The Traffic Multiplier system teaches your subscribers how to create TWO lists in one!
In addition to generating and capturing leads on TWO lists, Traffic Multiplier takes things one step further and details how you can generate sales and retarget this audience even if they DON’T opt-in!
This is what we call TRIPLE THREAT TRAFFIC!
This system gets you both email subscribers AND pushes notification leads so you can connect with your audience in multiple ways to profit. With our INSTANT monetization methods, Traffic Multiplier lets you profit from your new leads the minute they subscribe.
All the software users need to deploy these methods are included in the Traffic Multiplier package. Forget paying ridiculous monthly fees for over-priced software.
We’ve found and tested “FREE” solutions that can generate LEADS & SALES without paying a dime upfront!
Traffic Multiplier will help you generate leads, follow up with your leads and make sales on complete autopilot!
This is a 100% never-before-seen traffic solution.
Why You Will LOVE This Epic System…
- Unique Traffic Multiplier Method – step-by-step video training covers traffic, lead generation, and ONGOING profits
- Create TWO Lists In One – this system gets you both email subscribers AND push notification leads … so you can connect with your audience in multiple ways to multiply profits
- INSTANT Monetization – this brand new method lets you profit from new leads the moment they subscribe
- ULTIMATE ROI – most campaigns ‘leak’ traffic, which costs you money. We’ll show you how to follow-up with visitors that don’t option the 1st time, to get even MORE subscribers on your list for the lowest possible cost
- UNLIMITED SCALING – once you’re in profit, it’s SIMPLE to scale this method with paid ads for PREDICTABLE profits
- Automated Profits – your campaigns run on 100% autopilot to constantly generate fresh leads & commissions
- ALL The Software You Need – On Us!
- We’ve found – and tested – FREE SOLUTIONS that can make YOU money without paying a dime upfront.
- Powerful page-building software with ALL the features of expensive alternatives – 100% FREE
- 3 Push Notification software that let you both create lists AND promote to them – reaching your leads with UNMATCHED delivery rates – 100% FREE
- An amazing autoresponder for collecting email leads and sending emails to your subscribers – ALSO 100% FREE
Over the last few years, SEO has been declared dead countless times.
SEO was declared dead first when Panda hit the seen and then again when the Penguin update was unveiled.
These were algorithm changes that altered the way that Google ranked and organized the content is found. These updates penalized and de-indexed a large number of websites and actually cost many companies thousands of dollars – even destroying their businesses in many cases.
All the techniques that had once reliably worked to help a website climb the ranks – posting links on link directories and writing content with tons of content – was suddenly getting sites banned.
SEO was declared dead at this point by many a naysayer, not only because the old strategies no longer worked but because Google made it clear that it didn’t want to see people trying to manipulate the variables and game the system.
Every time someone finds a way to ‘beat’ Google and get to the top, chances are that Google is going to adapt and punish them.
Surely that’s entirely what SEO is about?
How Have Things Changed?
Of course, people adapted and created new methods to cope with this. For a long time, this meant relying almost purely on ‘guest posts’, which are posts that a creator lands on another website with links embedded.
Site owners get free content and the content creators get a link back to their site – everyone wins. This way, creators were demonstrating that they were partnering with the best brands on the web and that they could be taken seriously as a result.
But even guest posting can get you into trouble. Matt Cutts, who works at Google, came right out and stated that over-reliance on guest posting would get your site penalized too. Why?
Because it’s transparent that you’ve once again been manipulating the system.
If every single one of your posts takes the same format and they’re all on similar blogs… well, then it will look as though you’ve ‘done a deal’ with the blog creator.
Which you have…
And now Google is getting even more complex and strategic in its approach. Now Google is taking into account things like bounce rates, things like personalized search and more. These are all factors that we have no control over in many cases. Or at least no direct control.
So… is SEO Still Worth It?
So, is SEO really dead? Is it better to rely more on social media marketing, which seems to be growing all the time?
Yes and no.
SEO isn’t dead and in fact, it hasn’t even changed. The problem is our interpretation of SEO and what it should mean.
SEO isn’t trying to trick Google. SEO is working with Google. SEO means doing whatever it takes to increase your chances of ranking highly in the SERPs without getting into trouble.
If that means changing your site to a blue color scheme to decrease bounce rates, then that is SEO.
And if it means relying on social media marketing, then that becomes a form of SEO as well.
A good SEO company knows this and should be able to offer a cohesive and comprehensive marketing strategy that takes multiple aspects into account.
Want to learn more about SEO and basic internet marketing for real people? >>>IMForMe<<<
Email list. Why is it so important for marketers?
Building an email list is so important because not only does it help you to get a high conversion rate,
but you can monetize it by pitching your new and existing products as well. In short, there is money
But how do your build your email list? That’s the question you need to answer.
It is not that simple because most of your visitors may never sign-up unless you have some
giveaways to draw them into putting their email addresses. Well today, you can totally forget that. I
have the perfect solution for you.
Introducing WP Leads Machine!
If you have good contents, WP Lead Machine will help you turn your posts into PDFs and require
your visitors to send it to their email address. Imagine if you have hundreds of blog posts turning
them into lead magnets, awesome, right?
Wanna know more? Let’s go read this review!
Front End Version – FEATURES
– Add Unlimited Lead Magnets to Unlimited Posts.
– Automatically turn blog posts into PDF reports.
– Inline Optin Capture – right inside your blog post.
– 3 different styles of CTA options.
– Store all your leads inside your WP Site.
– No Autoresponder needed.
– Configure PDF appearance and settings.
– Email from name/address/content configurable.
– Auto apply to all pages or posts.
– Use the plugin on Unlimited WordPress Sites.
OTO1 PRO Version Features
– All the Features of the Front End Version PLUS…
– Add your logo and other settings to PDF.
– Add intro text and end text in PDF for call to action.
– CTA can be link or button or popup.
– Redirect user to any page after email capture.
– 10 different popup styles.
– Top 5 autoresponder integrations.
– Get daily/weekly/monthly reports for emails captured.
– Enable in 1-click across your entire site.
– Selectively disable for certain posts/pages.
How Does It Work?
All of us are looking for training materials when using a product. Don’t worry! Training and Demo
videos are provided. You can always refer to the website or watch them right here:
You don’t need to be a technical expert to use this software
This is user friendly
You can turn your old and new posts into lead magnets
Responsive technical support
You need to have fast internet connection
In case you are confused in setting up, you need to contact the helpdesk to fix the problem
If building an email list is so important, do not hesitate anymore. With WP Lead Machine, you can
now build your huge email list on complete autopilot. You are one click away in building one.
What is ConvertKit?
build many email lists as needed
automate email marketing with a simple drag and drop sequences
build landing page templates
segment subscribers by tags (their interests)
Best ConvertKit features for increasing conversions
Key benefits of ConvertKit
Pros and Cons
Got something exciting to share with you today…
Want Reliable Online Income?
Our System Is The First To Offer A 100% Success Rate!
100% DONE FOR YOU – SET IT AND FORGET
IT Sells for you
IT Builds your team
IT Grows your business/s
IT Provides endless sites
IT Sends traffic to your sites
Guaranteed Visitors 100% Hands-Free Set and Forget System.
Everything is Totally Automated
Did You Say GAME-CHANGER?
YES, you are absolutely right!
Here`s the best part!
For only a short time longer, you can
join as a Founder! We Go Live on 28th February.
Get Your Discounted Founder Position.
Go Check It out Here
All the Best
Let’s take these tenets as givens to achieve the Dot Com lifestyle, because they are:
- You need to establish your own web presence where you have control; and
- You need to publish original content to better ensconce yourself as a brand.
As the ultimate objective of the Dot Com lifestyle is to reclaim your time, one of the vital tasks in your business regimen is to maximize the utility of your content.
Of course, the most common means of extending the reach of your content’s readership is to repurpose it.
The results can be quite rewarding when done methodically.
However, repurposing is a linear exercise. It’s directing readers to the same revenue stream. This is a good start, but your content can do more.
I’m a firm believer in developing multiple revenue streams for a brand, simply because I don’t want to put all of my financial eggs in one basket. My objective is to offer a variety of products and services to the same niche on different platforms.
- We’ve recently opened an online store targeted for sports fans.
- Its hub is on the Shopify platform, and
- We’ve selected a template that features a blog option.
Our formula for assembling each blog entry is bare-bones basic:
- Grab the opening text of an article in your site’s archives;
- Convert the text to evergreen if it isn’t already;
- Add a transition from the source article to the product; and
- Describe a store product and list its price.
Once you do this a few times, you’ll find it only takes 10-15 minutes from start to finish, and the results can be well worth it.
Let’s walk through the process, using a hockey entry published at The Daily Player:
- Click on the teaser below to view the original article.
- Note: We’ll convert the blog entry we created from this article to an evergreen past tense as part of our routine archive maintenance once there’s an agreement.
- We re-titled it Go! For the Gold; re-titling your blog entry is optional.
- We copied the article’s introductory text and first graphic.
- Our transition text includes a backlink to The Daily Player and the source article.
Note: We also include a backlink for the store itself, as the primary purpose of the finished product is to be posted elsewhere. We actually don’t expect many visitors to click on the store’s blog.
- We segue into the product and add a graphic of it.
Note: More text follows the graphic, but the purpose here is to present the element.
All that’s left then is to post your re-oriented content on your store’s blog. The template format we use allows for an excerpt to be included in the thumbnail and an SEO entry. All we do is copy the opening lines.
The template does the rest. Click on the thumbnail to view the finished product:
Finally, we post the thumbnail on our various social media outlets. Odds are we’ll both reach our core followers and draw clicks from those who haven’t discovered our site or store yet.
How does the latter happen? In part, by sharing, which we facilitate. Anytime anyone makes a purchase, we provide a success graphic that enables the buyer to post the acquisition on his or her timeline.
Incidentally, almost 80% of our purchases occur via mobile, so that’s how the optimization of our store template is prioritized.
Who knew a hockey article on a snarky sports site could help sell sunglasses?
That’s the magic of re-orienting content.